Vanilla Bean Protein Pancakes
I am a huuuuuuge pancake person! What could possibly be better than small and little round cakes for a meal?! MOST especially when they are packed with protein and healthy goods! I made these pancakes a few weeks back while studying for my Biology course. I needed something quick but also satisfying to my sweet tooth! I normally USED to crave Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt when I was studying, but the closest one to my house is now closed (I am really sad about this haha). So that is when I decided to make pancakes since I had been craving them for A WHILE.
I literally used anything I could find in my fridge and cupboard to make this quick and easy snack. That is why pancakes are such a good option when your lacking groceries! You can make them from almost any sort of ingredient – even grain free options are out there to try!
The pancakes I made, since they were packed with a good balance of macronutrients, left me feeling so full, and powered me through my three hour study session! Hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 cup of Nature’s Path Organic oats
- 1 egg
- 1/4 scoop of vanilla Vega protein and greens
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- About 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Califia Farms almond milk
- Blend the oats into a fine flour
- Add remaining ingredients and blend *SLOWLY add the milk until desired consistency*.
- Pour batter into a pan on medium heat, and cook each side until bubbles begin to form on one side – then flip.
- TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE and you are ready to eat!
I topped my pancakes with a drizzle of honey and Justin’speanut butter, along with a sliced banana and pomegranate seeds!