Mini Raw Pumpkin Pies (VEGAN)
Welcoming Fall and all things pumpkin flavoured!
As much as I love the summer and spending time at the beach, I always look forward to the Fall. Everything about it is so close to perfect. The weather is a good balance between gloomy chilly days and warmer, clear skies on others. The leaves change to gorgeous orange, red and yellow tones and you always can catch someone with either a tea or coffee in their hand. You get to go apple picking, spend time at farms picking fresh produce and pumpkins, and you can layer in cute comfy sweaters and scarves. Another great thing about fall is that I celebrate my birthday a few days before Halloween!
This year I chose to make my own homemade Pumpkin Pie, since the ones at the store are made with artificial colours, sweeteners and are packed with sugars. But, I wanted to make a fully RAW version – I have always loved and had a passion to cook raw desserts and meals but never found enough time too – nor did I have the proper equipment.
I made this recipe probably at the end of September and never got around to posting it. Mostly because I had to remake it three times before it met my expectations for taste – and so the consistency would be perfect!
You can find multiple of these recipes all across the internet. But, making it suit your likes in tastes can be tricky, you just have to choose the right recipe!
- 1½ cup dates (or mixed dried fruit)
- 1 cup pecans, almonds (or personal choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1¼ cup cashews
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin (NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING)
- ½ cup maple syrup (optional)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the dates for the base layer in hot water for 10 – 20 minutes to soften them. When they are ready, combine the nut base you choose with the dates and coconut in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and crumbly. Press this mixture into a muffin tray for mini pies or a larger round pan for an entire pie. Place this in the freezer!
- Soak the cashews for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add all ingredients into processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the filling evenly over the pie and place into freezer over night.
When your ready to indulge, remove the pie (or mini pies) from the freezer, 10 – 15 minutes prior to eating! You can also choose to top it with whipped coconut milk!