Blueberry Banana Bars (GLUTEN FREE + VEGAN)
I was experimenting with leftover bananas and strawberries I had in my fridge. I wanted to try something new and create my own little granola bar that would be a perfect snack for those days where I'm always on the go! I tend to always grab for KIND bars when I am out but it can get expensive. Considering I love oatmeal so much, I thought it would be a good idea to make oatmeal into a bar! Without a surprise, these turned out really good! There is no added sugar and they are gluten free, vegetarian and vegan friendly! AND super easy to make.
- 4 to 5 small ripe bananas
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté the strawberries in a pan over medium heat until a smooth sauce consistency. Then let them cool.
- Mash the bananas and stir in the oat flour, rolled oats and cinnamon. Press this mixture in a 9 by 9 inch pan.
- Pour the strawberry sauce over top, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Then serve!