Cookie Dough Peanut Overnight Oats
I am a LOVER of oatmeal. I have it almost twice a day, and almost always in the morning for the past couple of years. My day literally feels off if I don't have it! It really helps to wake me up, and make my mornings super calm and cozy. I like to curl up on the couch with it and either watch a little HG TV, Food Network or go on my laptop to check emails and work on my blog posts!
I always have melted a layer of peanut butter over top my oats so that each bite gets a bit. I had left over mini chocolate chips in my cupboard from a recipe I had previously made and decided why not create a cookie dough oatmeal! (Of course including peanut butter). This recipe is like a dessert, but for breakfast, and healthier! Though... I love chocolate cookie dough ice cream every few days, haha!
Peanut Butter Base Layer
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
Cookie Dough Top Layer
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can use your milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips (I love dark chocolate)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine the peanut butter and greek yogurt and mix until the consistency is thick like cookie dough.
- Pat the peanut butter base down into a small bowl and set into fridge.
- Mix together the cookie dough layer ingredients and spread it evenly on top of the peanut base layer.
- Place in fridge overnight
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips over top in the morning and serve!