Easy Paleo Sweet & Savoury Waffles
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium banana
- Splash of milk, I like to use Calfia Farms unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Serving or individual packet of Vital Protein collagen peptide
- sometimes I will add 1/4 cup of shredded carrots for some extra vegetables in my day
- Preheat waffle maker (OR pan if you choose to make pancakes).
- Combine the oat flour, baking soda, and collagen peptides.
- Blend the egg, banana and milk in the blender.
- Fold in the oat flour mixture and add more milk till consistency is smooth but still thick. You don't want it too smooth because it may not cook and rise in the waffle maker.
- I like to serve mine with half sweet and half savoury. So, one side I will put fresh fruit, peanut butter, jam, honey and granola. Or even some coconut! On the other half, I would put an egg, sprouts, tomatoes, avocado or even hummus. You can really pick whatever toppings you prefer because the waffle itself is neither sweet or salty. It's a base for amazing toppings that STILL makes your meal delicious and FUN to eat!
Here are some ideas on how to top off your waffle!
- pomegranate seeds and goat cheese
- berries and honey
- granola and yogurt
- banana and peanut butter
- avocado, eggs and leafy greens
- tomatoes and hummus
- smoked salmon, cucumber and cream cheese - dill works well on this too!